GenB, an international digital product development firm with offices in Washington DC and Wroclaw Poland, is looking for a new J2EE Developer to join our team. We are a small, but elite group of digital media professionals because we only work with the best. This strategy has paid off as the demand for our services has outgrown our current team size, with many new and exciting opportunities on the horizon. Our clients and project management team are based in the U.S. so there is a mentality of “anything is possible” in the requests you will receive. Therefore, if you have a can do attitude, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a drive to always improve your skills, we want to hear from you!
A successful candidate for this position will have the following skills and qualifications:
- An excellent command of the English language – direct engagement and collaboration with our staff in the US office, as well as occasional planning sessions with clients will be required.
- Familiarity with implementation of CMS based applications – we leverage the open source CMS dotCMS as our core framework and create custom plugins within it.
- A robust knowledge of J2EE (Java EE) – dotCMS is a Java alternative to PHP CMS systems, offering enhanced scalability and security for the enterprise applications we develop.
Additional skills and qualifications that would enhance the standing of a candidate include:
- Experience integrating with third party APIs, especially from social media sites.
- Experience with network configuration and administration, especially Linux/Tomcat/Apache/PosgreSQL.
- Experience with security best practices, both in terms of programming and networking.
We offer a competitive salary, ambitious and innovative projects and challenges to solve, flexible scheduling of work hours, and a portfolio of prestigious clients.